Great Travel Links for 03 Nov 2008
Here’s what I’ve found around the Web lately….
- Budget-friendly attractions in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Here’s a good mix: family-friendly VIP airport lounges and river rafting with kids.
- Want to win an amazing 15-day trip to Peru? Write a travel story to enter – details on my fellow writer Beth’s blog Wanderlust and Lipstick.
- Good BootsnAll advice – 8 things every traveling parent should know.
- Wonderful inspiration from Time and perfect for Election Day: 50 authentic American experiences. Not to be outdone, here are 101 free things to do in Australia.
- The economy may bring some swank places into your budgetary range….for the best tips on how to make it happen, see the PerrinPost’s “nabbing deals at top hotels and resorts,” part 3 of a series.
- Heard on Twitter from those tweeting Marriott folks – some of their properties will appeal to gamers, with Nintendo Wii in the room (the gaming news is the second item in the linked post.)
- I need to win the lottery – loved this article on skiing in Switzerland with kids.
- Yum – Gridskipper finds the best hot cocoa in New York City.
Finally, thanks so much to the great bloggers who hosted the Carnival of Cites throughout October….Delicious Baby on Oct 8, Traveling the Green Way on Oct 16, the dashing foXnoMad on Oct 22 and The Mother of All Trips wrapped up Oct 29.
I will host the next Carnival of Cities here on Family Travel this Wednesday Nov 5 (deadline for entries is noon on Tuesday Nov 4) then we’ll take a week’s break while I’m in China before I work with the awesome UpTake blog to host November 19 as part of a sponsorship package we worked out for China (thank you, UpTake!)