Great Travel Links for 22 Sept 2008
I didn’t have much time to troll for good links this past weekend (I was covering the NHRA Fall Nationals drag race near Dallas) but here are a few posts of note:
- Wendy Perrin of Conde Nast Traveler‘s excellent Perrin Post blog is taking last-minute questions for the World Savers Congress tomorrow in New York. The keynote speaker is Queen Rania of Jordan.
- Looking for kid-friendly lodgings in Europe? Try Ciao Bambino (more coming about them in a separate blog post.)
- Speaking of Europe, look into touring there like a local.
- Some good family places in Texas: Houston – home of the final frontier – and spend a week in Austin with the Rookie Moms.
- The Travel Savvy Mom has a hilarious view of what happens when kids vacation with their grandparents.
- Budget Travel has a nice article about a father and son and New Hampshire’s Lake Winnipesaukee (a favorite childhood haunt of my New England-born Sainted Husband.)
- Visiting Florida? Here are 10 unusual places to stay, and tips on family-friendly Destin on the Florida Panhandle.
- At a recent travel conference, I met a few tourism experts who are getting into blogging. One of them writes a blog for the beautiful “Golden Isles” area on the coast of Georgia near Savannah. Check it out and leave a comment to say hi!
- A bit off topic, but if you are interested in writing or illustrating children’s books, there is a Children’s Writing Workshop near Dallas (Arlington) at the end of this month.
- Finally, thanks to the current edition of the Carnival of Family Life for featuring our video post about Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.