The Relationship Blogger: not a one-link stand
One-link stand — I wish I could claim credit for such a great line, but it belongs to one of my favorite mentors and friends in the on- and off-line world, Liz Strauss at Successful Blog.
A year ago this month I wrote a tribute to Liz for all of the help and guidance she’s offered. It was titled A Place To Come Home To: Successful Blog, because at Liz’s place, you’re only a stranger once.
This year, Liz threw another virtual party and invited a bunch of friends from around the world to visit Successful Blog, say hello and bring a link that was special to them.
You know me, I wandered in late as usual, but I took a post about the Dutch Waddenzee Islands, Texel and Terschelling in the North Sea because it’s like Liz; unusual and welcoming and a little off the beaten path (the Nov/Dec 07 National Geographic Traveler magazine Destinations Rated/Islands article lists Texel as a lovely “pastoral experience.”)
In tribute to all that Liz teaches me about community, I’m going to blast out the many wonderful links that Successful Blog birthday partiers brought to the festivities, and thank Liz again for her encouragement and vision.
These Links Were Shared in Just the First 210 Comments!!
- Alister Cameron: If you don’t have passion and purpose, greater productivity won’t help you!
- cat: Happy Birthday DWB ….
And a Blogging Birthday Coup to you too
Bombing Bangkok on New Years Eve
- HART (1-800-HART) Arrogant Worms Happy Birthday Song
- Karin H. Wood You Like Furniture
The Currency: Talent
- Brad Shorr Driving Lessons: 10 Rules of the Writing Road, by Joanna Young
- Saul Colt Possibly the best idea I have ever had…..but you may need a GPS to find it.
- Ashish Mohta Learn Now to write an out of the box article – A free ebook to download
- pearl Communicating with People you haven’t met
Building a Support System via Guest Blogging
Make a Decision and Stick with it!
Being Aware of Now
- HART (1-800-HART) Hart Empire Network Year2 in Review
- Terry Starbucker Birthday Salute to Successful Blog All!
- Ellen Weber WHAT IS SEROTONIN AND WHY SHOULD WE CARE?
- Fred 10 Forums To Make You A Better Blogger
- Ed Kohler GMail goes IMAP!
- Jon What I Mean When I Say I Pray
- Jennifer Mannion A smile can go a Long Way to Heal and Change your mood
- Robyn Liz Shines
- Joe Blog vs. Website
Scam or Legit?
- Joanna Young Writer, reader, place: writing with ho’okipa
When You’re Stuck for a Story
10 ways our words can make a difference
Change the World: Venture Up the Words
- francine hardaway Bionic Woman
- David Sitter Customers Buy The Who, Not The What
- Lodewijkvdb Detailing my mission statement into guidelines and goals
A letter to my son on his first birthday
- Robert Hruzek a tip o’ the hat to everybody!
- Deb We’re All Travelling Together
- Thom Allen Archive for the ‘Build A Better Blog In 31 Days’ Category
- Ellen Weber Successful Entrepreneurs, You, and Liz Strauss’ Party
- Kirk M. First Writings-Conversation Lost
- Susanna Out, Out Damn Spot!
- Anita Bruzzese Losing My Perspective
- Scot Herrick Successful Blog’s Celebration
30 Days — 30 Career Management Tips
- Mark Riffey Pale, Male and Stale
- Reasonable Robinson Might the Mcann Case Make Turkeys of us All
- Ian McKenzie 10 Tips to Help Keep Your Desk Clean
- Lillie Ammann Self-Publishing Primer
- Robert Hruzek What I Learned From . . . (the archives)
E-Book: Poke It With a Sharp Stick
- Joe Fix for WordPress Post Preview
- William Tully 5 Key Components of Blogging
- Kirsten Harrell, Psy.D. The Energy of Success
- Buzzoodle Ron 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall, 99 Bottles of Beer
- Chris Webb 5 Ways To Get Me to Quickly Reject Your Book Proposal
Crowdhacking: 10 Simple Ways Authors Can Help to Increase Sales at Amazon.com
- Jon Symons My Business Theme Song
And then up to comment #440….
- Kirsten Harrell, Psy.D. 5 simple steps to help you manifest your dreams
- Silvia La regla del 80/20 (the 80/20 rule)
- Char Essential Tools Successful Blog Style
How do you explain blogging to your Mom
On Meeting Liz Strauss
- Buzzoodle Buzz Marketing Blog – » Get 100’s of Blog Comments in 1 Day
- Yvonne DiVita National Women’s Hall of Fame
Doing More For Pets with Husky Haven Houston, TX
- Tammy Lenski Workplace Dialogue for Successful and Outstanding Bloggers.
- Franke James Planting & Seeding our Green Driveway
Six Tools to Make Climate Change Art
- Maura Maura and Liz.
SAHM Resignation Letter
- Becky McCray The Brag Basket has no deadline!
- dominic morning diorama
- Aruni rock, paper, scissors.
parenting a startup and kids
are we there yet? when will we get there?!
- Glenda Watson Hyatt Celebrating Liz Strauss — an excerpt edition of my autobiography I’ll Do It Myself
- michael and derrick Siegfried & Roy – A Life Journey Example of Fulfilling Your Dreams
- Mike party favor — Choreograph the Applause by Michael DeWitt
- Kirk M. dis not cannibalizm…rite?
- CK Riddling left, right and center.
- Mike STATISTICS SHOW ICE CREAM CAUSES MURDER
- Char Successful Blog Klondike Bar Cake
- Mike Mini Confectioner’s Haggis – a Tale of Experience Design
- Kirk M. monster burrito
- Chris Brogan How I Learned to Ride a Bike — Blogging in the Comments.
- Glenda Watson Hyatt Readers’ Cafe Shares Stories Around the Fire
Virtual Book Tour Ends in Brisbane in Style
- Peggy Payne My Writing Breakthrough
- Lori I’m Pretty Sure I’m Right This Time
- Rebecca For You
- Jonathan Fields Effortless Success – How to turn work into play and succeed on a massive scale
- Kirk M. Community, The Quiet Revolution
- Mike birthday photo
- The Writing Frump When They Call Your Talent into Question
- Mike Pee Wee’s Playhouse: The Movie!
- Susan Reynolds Happy Blog Birthday Liz Strauss
Second Life Registration
- Shashi B Washington DC Restaurants
- Chris Owen and the Shiny Apples Curse
- Teli Adlam Beginner’s Guide to Using and Building Traffic with FeedBurner
- Vernon Lun Happy Birthday Successful-Blog and Liz Strauss
- Amie Gillingham Rainstreaker
- Jeff Pulver Things I do BEFORE a (VON) Conference:
- Vernon Lun Success
- Delaney Kirk Scoring Guide for Whining
A Good Teaching Day
- Mike The Great Google Bitch Slap
- Robin Yap conversations with mom Archives
Hesitant? You’re not alone!
- Joe Meet The Left Thumb Blogger
- Vernon Lun Birthday Fireworks
Thanks to Liz and everyone for, as always, a great conversation….